Some things in life are more important than the Red Sox. This group qualifies as one of them!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

5.19.2008

sandwiches and the sun

We had a stroller adventure this weekend. It was myself, Morgan, Tanner, and of course Faith. We decided it was a nice day for a walk so we (no not we, I) was a bit overzealous and we decided to walk to Quiznos for a $5 sub. It was around 2:00 pm and I did not realize what a warm day it was out there. We lathered up in sunscreen but as the trip continued I was worried that Faith was getting sunburned. Her face was getting hot, red and sweaty. The kids tried to shadow her as much as possible. Once we finally made it to the sandwich shop I made a few embarrassing phone calls . . . one to my Mom and one to Lala to see if they were anywhere in our vicinity to see if we could catch a ride home. Nana was the closest and very willingly picked us up and drove us home. Thanks Nana. We love you.
It was all worth it though. When we were about half way there and our conversation had gotten quiet - cute Tanner was walking a bit behind me and said, "Thank you Melanie." It melted my heart. Even more than they blazing hot sun. I love these kids. I have the best stepkids EVER!

No comments: